Swayam Upadhi Padhakam
Andhra Pradesh State Kapu Welfare and Development Corporation Limited (APSKWDCL), a Government of Andhra Pradesh undertaking, is introducing the “Economic Assistance Program- Chandranna Swayam Upadhi” for the economically weak Kapu entrepreneurs in Andhra Pradesh. Under this program, a financial assistance up to Rs 100,000 (Rupees One Lakh only) shall be granted to the selected applicants through the prescribed process. This assistance will be for acquisition of assets by beneficiaries for setting up new businesses or expanding/diversifying existing businesses.
The program targets to encourage economically weak Kapu entrepreneurs to setup or expand/diversify enterprises as a source of livelihood.
This program is applicable for members from economically weak families of Kapu Community of Andhra Pradesh – 1. Who will setup an Enterprise in Andhra Pradesh, or, 2. Who wishes to expand/diversify their existing an Enterprise in Andhra Pradesh. • The program will subsidize an acquisition of asset by 50% of its cost, up to a maximum of Rs 100,000 (Rupees One Lakh only), and the rest amount of the cost being loaned by the applicant from the bank.
- The applicant should belong to Kapu community i.e. the Kapu, Balija, Telaga and Ontari sub-castes.
- The applicant must be residing in Andhra Pradesh.
- The applicant should belong to a family holding White Ration Card.
- The applicant should be owning or planning to setup an enterprise in Andhra Pradesh.
- The applicant should be between the ages of 21 to 50 years of age while applying to the scheme.
- A shelf of project/activities for which assets can be acquired though this scheme is proposed by the corporation, though the applicant can propose any viable activity and it can be considered by the corporation on merits.
- The applicant should not have availed himself/herself of any amount under any other Government scheme/program for the same purpose.
- The beneficiaries who have received financial assistance previously from Kapu Corporation in the last financial year are not eligible.
- The program will commence from June 2016.
- Eligible candidates should fill their application online at APSKWDCL website in the prescribed format.
- Applicant should upload the scanned copies (in PDF format of min 50 KB and max 150 KB size each) of the self attested copy of the following documents:
- White Ration Card of the applicant’s family.
- Aadhar Cards of the applicant.
- Caste certificate issued by competent authority.
- Date of birth proof.
- Passport size photograph (in JPEG format up to 50 KB size).
- District wise Targets: District wise targets will be set and communicated to the district offices by the MD, APSKWDCL.
- Preparation of District Action Plan: The Program/Mandal/Bank Branch - wise Action Plan shall be prepared in consultation with the LDM & Convener DCC and get finalized in the DCC meeting.
- Filing of applications: The eligible beneficiaries shall be informed to file their applications in the nearest Mee Seva Centres. The District Collector and Chairmen, BC Corporation/ Kapu Corporation shall ensure that wide publicity to be given.
- Selection lists: The selection of the beneficiaries, as per the guidelines and eligibility shall be done at Mandal/Municipal level. The Mandal / Municipal level Screening-cum-Selection Committees shall select the eligible beneficiaries, as per their skill, interest, choice, aptitude and map the asset-oriented Program (viable as per local need / demand, market potential for sustainable income generation). The Screening-cum-Selection Committees shall approve the 'Selection list'. The MPDOs/ Municipal Commissioners shall send a copy of the approved selection list to the Executive Director/ Project Director of BC Corporation/ Kapu Corporation.
- Arranging bank linkages (getting consent of the banks): After the completion of the selection of the beneficiaries, the consent letters of the banks shall be obtained.
- Documentation: After issuing of Bank consents, the proposals shall be documented i.e., filling of application forms enclosing all relevant documents for the program applied for, affixing the signatures of recommending authorities ( MPDOs / Municipal Commissioners),etc.
- Aadhar : The entry of Aadhar / UID Number of the applicant and Aadhar / UID Number is made mandatory at the time of applying for the Program. The self attestation copies of the Aadhar /UID card of the applicant and the Aadhar /UID card of the applicant shall be collected compulsory during the documentation.
- Registration in APSKWDCL website: All the details of the applicants shall be entered in the APSKWDCL website by the MPDOs / Municipal Commissioners. After registration into the APSKWDCL website, the proposals/applications (hard copy) shall be submitted to Executive Director/ Project Director of BC Corporation/ Kapu Corporation with a covering letter, for further action.
- Sanction proceedings by District Collector: After receipt of proposals/ applications of the beneficiaries from the MPDOs/Municipal Commissioners, the Executive Director/ Project Director of BC Corporation/ Kapu Corporation shall arrange for the issue of administrative sanctions, and issue of sanction proceedings from District Collector/Chairperson through the APSKWDCL website. (No sanction shall be given outside the APSKWDCL website)
- Opening of two bank accounts of beneficiaries: The Sanction proceedings under Bank-linked Program (Action plan) shall be communicated to the Banks concerned/MPDOs/ Municipal Commissioners and beneficiaries at once. The Executive Director/ Project Director of BC Corporation/ Kapu Corporation shall obtain the two account Numbers (Non-operative SB account number & Loan account number) of the sanctioned beneficiaries from the Banks in respect of Bank Linked Program. The Non Operative SB account should be opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY).
- Uploading the two bank account numbers of sanctioned beneficiaries: The Kapu Corporation shall upload the two Account numbers of the sanctioned beneficiaries and IFSC Code of the respective Bank Branches in APSKWDCL website for facilitating release of subsidy by Head office through Online (E-Payment) directly into Non-operative Savings Bank Account of the beneficiaries from the Head Office in respect of bank-linked Programs.
- Entering of Ration Card Number: Entering of ration card number of the applicant is mandatory at the time of applying for the program. The self attestation copies of ration card of the applicant shall be collected compulsory during the documentation.
- Grounding of the units: After release of subsidy, the Banks shall take up groundings. The grounding of units shall be monitored by the Mandal / Municipal level Committees in order to ensure full-fledged and timely grounding process as per the Kapu Corporation Action Plan Implementation Manual.
- Orientation Program: A mandatory 1 day Orientation Program for the beneficiaries will be organized at constituency level at regular intervals by the corporation with the assistance of identified training partners.
- Collection of utilization certificates: The Executive Director/ Project Director of BC Corporation/ Kapu Corporation will ensure the collection of Utilization Certificates from the Banks after the grounding of units, and the details thereof shall be entered into APSKWDCL website and hard copy shall be furnished to Head Office.
- Pending beneficiaries: The beneficiaries to whom two Bank Accounts (Non-operative SB account number & Loan Account Number) were uploaded in the year 2015-16 and for whom subsidy is not released in the year 2015-16 are also eligible for fresh sanctions as per the merits, in the year 2016-17. These bank accounts if are not under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY), need be converted into PMJDY accounts.
- Compliance: The Executive Director/ Project Director of BC Corporation/ Kapu Corporation are responsible for taking the initiative, for ensuring coordination with all the stakeholders involved and for ensuring that the Kapu Corporation action plan, in respect of their district, is implemented as per the guidelines and instructions. They should send the progress report in the format already prescribed to the Head Office. Any deviation or laxity in this regard shall be viewed seriously.
- Enlisting in other welfare schemes/programs: Upon enlisting in this program, the corporation would assist the beneficiaries to register for the following schemes/programs -
- AP State Construction and Other Workers Welfare Board benefits -Premium amount of Rs 12 (Rupees Twelve only) annually.
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) – Premium amount of Rs 12 (Rupees Twelve only) annually.
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJMY) – Premium amount of Rs 330 (Rupees Three Thirty only) annually.
- Geo-tagging: Geo-tagging of the asset will be done through identified partner institutions.
- Third party audits: After the financial year, third party audit of the grounded units / assets will be done at each Mandal / municipality level by the corporation through NABCONS.
- The State Level Committee is the competent authority to allot the additional targets to any district from unspent balances in order to achieve overall physical and financial targets at State level.
- The State Level Committee will consist of the following members-
- For any clarifications or difficulties in applying for the program, applicants can contact the local MPDO or Executive Director/ Project Director of BC Corporation/Kapu Corporation or the APSKWDCL helpline.
SELECTION AND PROGRAM EXECUTION PROCESS
Note: Until & unless the particulars of the grounded units (UGs) are entered into APSKWDCL website, the grounding process will neither be completed nor will it be accounted for, for achievement of targets.
Principal Secretary, BC Welfare
Director, BC Welfare
Managing Director, BC Corporation
Vice President, NABCONS
Managing Director, Kapu Corporation
ANNEXURE – INDICATIVE SHELF OF PROJECTS/ACTIVITIES FOR WHICH ASSETS COULD BE ACQUIRED THROUGH THE ECONOMIC ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- Agriculture and Minor Irrigation Sector
- Agriculture Tools and Implements
- Bullock Carts
- Oil Engine
- Bore and Motor
- Motor and Pipeline
- Submersible Pump Set and Pipeline
- Agro Based Food Processing Industry
- Bakery Products
- Bedana/Raisin Industry/Seeds Processing
- Cashew/Chironji processing (Dry Fruits)
- Cattle feed
- Charolie making
- Coconut and Areca nut products
- Daliya making
- Fruits and vegetable processing
- Ghani Oil industry
- Groundnut Decorticator (Seeds/Oil Purpose)
- Indian sweets making
- Khava & Chakka Unit
- Manufacture of Mahendi
- Manufacture of Cane-Gur and Khandsari/Jaggery making
- Manufacturing of Chips from Banana(raw)/Potato
- Manufacturing of Food Industry
- Manufacturing of Ice/Ice Candy
- Masala Udyog
- Milk products making units
- Mini rice shelling unit/Rice Mill
- Noodles Making
- Paddy Unit (PCPI)
- Palmgur making and other palm products industry
- Papad Making
- Pepsi Unit/ Cold/Soft Drinks
- Poha Making Unit/Popcorn
- Power Atta chakki/Flour Mill
- Processing of Maize and Ragi
- Production of Ice Box
- Raswanti- sugarcane Juice catering unit
- Soda Mfg. products
- Supari Making Unit
- Vermicelli (Shyarige) Machine
- Animal Husbandry Sector
- Dairy - Buffaloes
- Dairy - Cows
- Egg Business
- Fish Business
- Prawn Business
- Goat Rearing
- Sheep Rearing
- Milk Booth
- Forest Based Industry
- Ayurvedic Medicine Mfg. by forest produce/medicinal plant
- Bamboo and Cane work
- Ban Making Unit
- Basket Making/Bag Making
- Collection of forest plants and fruits for medicinal purpose
- Kath Manufacturing
- Khus tattis and broom making
- Manufacture of Gums and Resins
- Manufacture of Katha
- Manufacture of Shellac
- Manufacturing Pharmaceutical products
- Photo framing
- Hand Made Paper And Fibre Industry
- Coir work
- Fibre items
- Handmade Paper/Thermocol
- Leaf cup making
- Manufacture of Jute products (under Fibre industry)
- Manufacture of exercise book binding
- Manufacture of paper cups
- Mat Making
- Mfg. of Leaf Cup-Plates
- Pith work
- Mineral Based Industry
- Black Board/ Slate and Slate pencil/Chalk making
- Blue Metal Jelly (excavation of stone quarries for crushing of blue metal jelly)
- Brick Bhatta
- Cement Blocking
- Ceramic-Dental Teeth
- Clay Grinding
- Cottage Pottery Industry
- Fuel briquetting
- Gem cutting
- Glassed decoration- cutting
- Goldsmith(Jewellery works)
- Idol Making
- Jewellery out of gold
- Limestone Lime shell and other lime products Industry
- Manufacture of Bangles (LAC)
- Manufacture of Glass toys
- Manufacture of Plaster of paris
- Manufacture of gulal
- Manufacture of paints
- Mfg/Processing Marble sheets/Tiles (Simple/Mosaic etc.)
- Mining activities & Trading small stone
- Mud pot Mfg.
- Polishing of Granite Stone Slabs/Granite Crushing
- Silver smithy
- Steam Coal Powder
- Stone cutting
- Utensil washing powder
- Utility articles made out of stone
- Polymer And Chemical Based Industry
- Chappal Making/Shoes Making
- Chemical Industry
- Cottage Match Industry / Manufacture of Fireworks and Agarbattis
- Cottage soap industry
- Detergents and washing powder making (non toxic)
- Leather works
- Manufacture of Bindi
- Manufacture of Essential oils
- Manufacture of Rubber products (dipped latex) Rubber Sheets
- Manufacture of Shampoos
- Manufacture packing items of plastics
- Manufactures of hair oil
- Manufacturing of Poly Bags etc.
- Manufacturing of PVC Shoes
- Manufacturing of Resin & Tarpoline Oil
- Menthol oil
- Mfg. of Mosquito Killer etc.
- Mfg. of PVC Pipe & other PVC items
- Net Making
- Nylon rope making
- PVC insulated Wire & Cables
- Perfumes Making
- Products out of Rexin PVC
- Rural Engineering And Bio-Tech Industry
- Automobile work
- Air Compressor Business
- Black smithy
- Carved wood and artistic furniture making
- Computer Assembling
- Engineering Workshop
- Fabrication Work
- Foundry Unit
- Gen. Engineering Works (Grilling, painting)
- Imitation Jewellery (Bangles) Making
- Iron grill making
- Iron work
- Manufacture of musical instruments
- Manufacture of Handmade utensils out of brass
- Manufacture of Household aluminium utensils
- Manufacture of Rural Transport vehicles such as hand carts
- Manufacture of Various Material Handling Equipments
- Manufacture of decorative bulbs
- Manufacture of electronic clocks and alarm time pieces
- Manufacture of handmade utensils out of Bell metal
- Manufacture of handmade utensils out of copper
- Manufacture of paper pins
- Manufacturing of Engineering Instruments
- Manufacturing of Machinery Spare Parts/Bearing etc.
- Manufacturing of Mixer Grinder and other House hold goods.
- Manufacturing of Platform scales/ Dharamkanta
- Manufacturing of Screw/Ball Bearing
- Manufacturing of storage batteries
- Manufacture of Steel Grills
- Manufacturing of Instant Sambirani Sticks Packing Material
- Manufacturing of Weighing Machine
- Manufacturing of Barbed Wires
- Manufacturing of Cooler Body
- Manufacturing of Microscopes
- Manufacturing of Mirror /gift Articles
- Manufacturing of Sewing Machine Parts etc..
- Manufacturing of Shutter Locks etc.
- Manufacturing of Trolley of Tractor & Turi Trolley
- Manufacturing of control panels
- Motor winding
- Production of Bumper Plant Protector
- Production of Radios
- Production of cassette player whether or not fitted with Radio
- Production of voltage stabilizer
- Rotary Furnace
- Saw Mill
- Solar and wind energy implements
- Stove wicks
- Tin smithy
- Transformer/Electric Motor Pump/Generators
- Trunk & Peti Manufacturing
- Umbrella assembling
- Welding Work
- Wire net making
- Wood Work
- Service Industry
- Agriculture servicing for sprayers
- Art board painting/Spray Painting
- Auto Service Centre
- Ban Making
- Band troupe
- Barber Saloon
- Cable T.V. Network/ Computer Centre
- Cell phone and electronics repairing
- Cotton Bed/pillows
- Cycle repair shops
- Dyeing & Raising(Flannel)
- Electronics shop
- Embroidery of Fabrics
- Fruit Business
- HDPE Bag Stitching &Printing
- Herbal Beauty Parlour/Ayurvedic Herbal Products
- Hiring of sound system like loud speaker
- Kamble Weaving
- Mandap Decoration
- Manufacture of Lok Vastra cloth
- Manufacture of Silk clothing
- Manufacture of Cotton clothing
- Mineral Water
- Musical instruments
- Offset Printing & Binding
- Painter/Mfg. of Paints.
- Printing Press/Screen Printing
- Public Transport Service/Rural Transport Service
- Repairs of diesel engines pump sets etc.
- Screen Printing
- Screen Printing in Cotton Textile Fabrics
- Servicing of Electric wining and Electronics appliances and equipments
- Sofa Repair works
- Stationary shop
- Tailoring and preparation of Readymade Garments
- Tea Stall /Confectionary Shop
- Tent House Business
- Thread Balls and Woollen Balling Lacchi making
- Toys and Doll making
- Tyre vulcanising unit
- Vegetable business
- Video & Photo studio
- Watch Repairing
- Xerox Centre
Note: This is an Indicative Shelf of Projects/Activities for which assets could be acquired through the Economic Assistance Program. The applicant can propose any viable activity and it can be considered by the corporation on merits.