SETTING UP OF KAPU BHAWAN
Andhra Pradesh State Kapu Welfare and Development Corporation Limited (APSKWDCL), a Government of Andhra Pradesh undertaking, is proposing setting up of “Kapu Bhawan” across selected locations in the state, for the utilization by Kapu Community of Andhra Pradesh. These bhawans shall have function halls for multipurpose usage and hostels to be used by students from economically weak white ration card holding families of the community.
This scheme aims at providing a platform of interaction and support for the needy in the Kapu community.
These Bhawans shall be used by members of the Kapu Community.
- In the first phase of the Scheme, 5 Kapu Bhawans shall be setup by the Corporation at locations selected by the government.
- Minimum of 2 acres of land shall be identified and provided by the government for each of the Kapu Bhawans.
- Rs 2 Crore shall be allocated to each Kapu Bhawan, which shall be transferred to the “Kapu Welfare Endowment Fund” for the purpose of building the Bhawans.
- Through the “Kapu Welfare Endowment Fund”, donors shall be encouraged to donate for development of Kapu Bhawans, and donors donating more than Rs 100,000 (Rupees One Lakh Only) for contribution towards a room in the Kapu Bhawan in a particular location shall have an option to have a room named after him in the said Kapu Bhawan.
- Donors donating more than Rs 5,000,000 (Rupees Fifty Lakh Only) for contribution towards a Kapu Bhawan in a particular location shall have an option to have the Kapu Bhawan named after him
- Donors will have an option to donate land not less than 1 acre in identified cities for the building of Kapu Bhawans. Such donors will have an option to have the Kapu Bhawan named after him.
- Members of the community can utilize the multipurpose hall of the Kapu Bhawans for celebrations like Marriages and other community events on chargeable basis.
- Students enrolled in fulltime courses from white ration card holding families can apply for boarding at the Kapu Bhawan hostel through the online application.
- The boarding for selected students shall be without any charges.
- Executive Director/ Project Director of BC Corporation/ Kapu Corporation shall be responsible for the maintenance and running of the Kapu Bhawans.
- The APSKWDCL board shall oversee the working of the Kapu Bhawans.
- For any clarifications or difficulties in applying for the program, applicants can contact Executive Director/ Project Director of BC Corporation/ Kapu Corporation or the APSKWDCL helpline.